Thursday, November 10, 2016

Halbritters Waffenarsenal

I like the humor of Kurt Halbritter (1924-1978). Last week I received from a German bookshop Halbritters Waffenarsenal (Goldmann Buch 1977, 156 pages, B/W, ISBN 3-442-08462-8).

I agree with this review I found :
"A demonstration of useless weapons of the well-known cartoonist Halbritter offers brilliant entertainment. The serious style of the documentary, which illustrates the unskillfulness of the armaments industry from antiquity to modern times, and is supported by detailed drawings, allows weaponfriends as well as pacifists to thoroughly consider the warfare practices.
If you like crazy inventions and fantastic excitements of creativity also with a slight smile, is here in the right place. "(miskaferl)















Learn more:
more art from Kurt Halbritter on our blog

1 comment:

PatG said...

It's a wonderful book - I bought a copy of the English translation many years ago.